Full-Time Programmes/Immigration Advice

From DBS Applicant Gateway

Jump to: navigation, search

There is comprehensive immigration advice for students on the university's web pages:


Please read these pages carefully.  If you are an international student and require a visa to study in the UK, the Business School Postgraduate Admissions Team will issue you with a CAS (Certificate of Acceptance of Studies) for you to apply for your student (Tier 4) visa.  Your CAS can only be issued to you once you have paid your programme deposit, met any offer conditions, been assigned college membership and it is less than 5 months prior to the programme start date. Please click here for further details.

Information on the following page explains what you need to do when you arrive in Durham so that you can complete the registration process and begin your studies: https://www.dur.ac.uk/immigration/arrival/

Tuberculosis (TB) Screening

Please click here for information regarding TB screening.

Support for International Students interested in working in the UK after your studies

The UK Government aims to reduce overall numbers settling in the UK from outside the EEA/Switzerland, and closed the Tier 1: Post-Study Work (PSW) scheme to all new applications in April 2012.  However, the UKVI is committed to helping the 'brightest and the best' and its reforms are supportive of graduates of UK Business Schools and Universities.

Up-to-date information can be found on the UK Visas and Immigration website.

Durham University’s Student Immigration & Financial Support Office provides information related to immigration and has advisers dedicated to helping our students understand the requirements and restrictions of their visas during their studies and can provide limited advice on post-study visa requirements.

Personal tools