All Programmes/Security Advice
From DBS Applicant Gateway
As the International Study Experiences, Dissertation Abroad or Summer School programmes are being arranged; we thought we would provide you with some updates:
- You may be aware of the terrorist events in London and Manchester. We do not anticipate any changes to your off site studies as a result of this although we have included some relevant guidance below.
- Please ensure you review the information provided in your briefing sessions, research the companies you are visiting and prepare some relevant questions.
Although it is impossible to prepare for the type of random attacks that have occurred in major cities over recent years both here in the UK and Europe, there are some sensible precautions you can take:
- Remain vigilant at all times, but particularly in public places, tourist sites and on public transport.
- If you see anything suspicious then report this immediately.
- Follow any advice you are given by the police or other security services.
- When travelling between visits stay within the group and ensure that you can be contacted at all times – ensure you have your mobile with you at all times.
- Remember that the overwhelming majority of visits to major cities take place without incident.
- Make yourself aware of the recent guidance issued by the British NPCC - RUN, HIDE, TELL http://www.npcc.police.uk/NPCCBusinessAreas/WeaponAttacksStaySafe.aspx
- Ensure you check the Foreign Office website regularly to check any updates and advice provided for travel outside of the United Kingdom including the destination country’s emergency contact advice and numbers.